Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ By Victoria


 Let me introduce you to the Bowes Family's BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe!! We LOVE these cookies! We Boweses are quite picky when it comes to CC cookies... and finding a recipe that we all like can be very challenging. But here it is. This recipe has been in the family for as long as I can remember and no other recipe has even come close to winning all of our favor (and believe me, we have tried a LOT of other recipes!). These cookies are soft, chewy and fluffy and do not flatten out like most other CC cookies. They do have Crisco instead of butter, but I believe that is one reason why they are so good as the recipes we use with butter always completely flatten out.

We like to use half mini c. chips and half regular c. chips or half white c. chips and half regular in this recipe. :-)
 

Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup butter Crisco
1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 T. Milk
1 T. Vanilla
1 Egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Cream Crisco and brown sugar. Add milk, egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and then (by hand) stir in chocolate chips.  
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say these ARE the best Chocolate Chip Cookies ever!!! I use to tend to you wee four in those early months here in Phoenix - midnight shift. Your sweet Mama ALWAYS had these on hand for us. (Straight out of the freezer was my preference). Yum!! Thank you for sharing this lost recipe of mine... although I doubt my waistline will be as grateful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete