I love lemon bars and cheesecake, so when I came across this recipe that included both... of course I had to try it. :) My whole family loves these and they are perfect for welcoming in spring!
- ¾ cup butter, chilled
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cut butter into pieces.
- In a food processor (or blender on low, pulse setting) Process all ingredients until mixture becomes tiny and fine pieces.
- Sprinkle mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan and press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
- In medium bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Cream together the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake evenly over hot crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined well.
- Stir in lemon juice and flour.
- Pour gently and smoothly over semi-baked cheesecake.
- Bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle powdered sugar over top if desired.
- Cool for an hour and then refrigerate.
- Can be served warm but better after it has chilled.
- I let it sit out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before I serve it.
- For families, it will probably be eaten as soon as they are out of the fridge.
- Makes 24 bars
Source: Your Homebased Mom Blog