Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

No Bake Energy Bites~ By Lydia



1c. Oatmeal 
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
1/3 c. Honey 
1 c.Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 c. Dried Cranberries 
1/2 c. Ground Flax seed
1tsp. Vanilla

Mix all ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.  Roll into balls and store in the fridge. 

Variations:  I used an extra cup of oatmeal instead of the coconut flakes and 1/4 c whole flaxseeds instead of ground because I love the "crunch!"  The original recipe uses chocolate chips instead of dried cranberries, but I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand and the cranberries are delicious!

These are a perfect sweet snack before or after a run.  I also like to grab one early in the morning before milking to help me wake up!
Adapted from: www.gimmesomeoven.com

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I think we will love these! (Well, maybe minus the coconut for Daddy's sake, and maybe just a *few* chocolate chips for me! : -) Thanks for a great snack idea!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful looking recipes girls. Will be trying several of them. Keep up the great work. Love, Meemom

    ReplyDelete