Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes ~ By Caroline


These pancakes are a wonderful easy breakfast for those busy mornings, and are definitely a family favorite!  We all love how fluffy these pancakes get and the flavor is just wonderful!  :)

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 TB sugar
2 cups milk
1 TB butter, melted
1 cup mashed pumpkin
2 eggs, separated

In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients.  In a blender, mix milk, butter, pumpkin and egg yolks.  Stir into dry ingredients.  Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in last.  Ladle onto hot greased skillet.  When bubbly around edges, flip over.  Cook until done. 

Source:  Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook, 2007

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bowes Sisters,
    I love your blog!! But I do get extremely hungry whenever I look at it. ;-) I should warn your family that if you ever invite me over- I might never leave after looking at the menu!
    ~Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shiloh!

    You're so sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying our blog, and hope you have been able to try some recipes. :) It sure would be fun to have you guys over sometime! We are counting down the days until we get together in Vancouver this weekend! :)

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete