So...we went to Costco. Costco always samples the most tempting foods. They happened to be giving out corn dog samples that day. You can probably imagine the rest of the story.
These were quite good! As you can see, some turned out much better than others. (Cosmetically speaking, that is! They all tasted pretty darn good.) Looking forward to making these again sometime for my little bros :-)
This recipe makes 16 corn dogs.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 (16 ounce) packages beef frankfurters (We like Hebrew National brand)
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk. (I did all of the mixing in a quart mason jar, which made dipping the dogs really easy!)
- Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Roll frankfurters in batter until well coated.
Source: Allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/recipe/corn-dogs/