6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce (We usually add extra sauce which keeps it from being on the dry side.)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups
- mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to
- cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with
- remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15
- minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Source: Old Taste of Home magazine clipping